My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Chinese Bathroom

It sounded like a good idea. Bad ones tend to start out that way. E said "lets do the bathroom (at the office) in metallic gold and chinese red, we can put some oriental stuff in it, it'll look cool". Sure I said. Why not?

Mistake. Serious error. Metallic gold paint is thin and sheer. One coat of primer, one coat yellow base, and three coats of gold later, it looks a nightmare. G-d help anyone who might go in with an upset stomach.

So, in the morning I am going to paint clouds and cranes and maybe, just maybe a pagoda, on top of the gold, just like the big chinese fan in the entry. Wish me luck, I'll need it. And listen up, the next time a middle aged person tells you something will look cool, take it with a big dose of salt and a few extra strength asprin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home