My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fly Jelly

When my children were small, I took some liberties with fact in order to make life more fun. Well fun for me anyway. One of those liberties involved the creation of a substance I named, Fly Jelly. Now fly jelly is a lovely substance, it is silvery gray with green and purple and black irridescent glimmers in it. It is rare and expensive because it takes thousands of flies. Each must be caught and quick frozen, NOT SQUASHED) When the required quanity is obtained you carefully cook them down in a syrup of melted sugar, after hours of cooking on the very lowest heat and stirring in the very gentlest manner, the jelly is poured into jelly jars and carefully sealed. Now there is no need to use sterile jars (no one would actually eat the stuff after all). It glimmers in the sunlight, tiny wings and eye fragments gleaming and glittering in the thick silvery jell. Uhmm...Lovely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blanc Noir... I have been reading a few of your posts... I like the way you express your ideas... I'm really interested in the fly jelly... Is this for real? Have you made some of this? Do you have any pictures... I was also looking for some of your artwork.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home