My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is nearly here. As I do every year, I have been
reviewing the things I am thankful for. Here is this years partial list.

1. No one in my family has died this year.

2. No one in my family has suffered a divorce this year.

3. This year, once again, my spouse is near the top of my list. He
was and continues to be the restoration of the years the locust has
eaten.

4. I am thankful for my sons and my daughter.

5. I am thankful that my youngest son has found love, and thankful
for the person she is.

6. I am thankful for opportunities to be with family.

7. I am thankful for my road trip with my sister, nephew, aunt and
mother to see my favorite uncle and his wife.

8. I am thankful for Smokey, and I hope that I have made his
remaining years sweeter.

9. I am thankful for my work at the museum.

10. I am thankful I still have my mother.

11. I am thankful for a few finished paintings and a handful of
satisfying photographs.

12. I am thankful to be alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I am also thankful for #5, and thankful that R. is the wonderful man that he is.

:)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home