My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Patriotic Chores, Mud and Ignorance

I went to the polls and cast my vote. Spouse went also. It has not
really stopped raining here since some time during the night.
Rossville is usually red, and if I had to guess today’s outcome in
here, it probably will be today as well. Maybe my bit of blue will at
least make it a little purple.

I wish I could have gone to Tennessee to vote AGAINST
CORKER. He was bad enough as a mayor, but in this campaign
he has really proved to be a weasely spoiler. Some of his ads were
racist, sexually loaded and just plain low down. And his mother! If
my mother looked as mean as she does I would certainly not parade
her around like I still lived under her skirt. He kept his sweet
looking wife under wraps until the 11th hour, wonder why?

Thank anyone who listens that tonight I won’t hear, “and I
approved this ad”.

Because of the rain, I took care of my pets this morning and got
good and muddy as my reward. The chickens don’t care about
weather, they just want grub and fresh water. My old hen, Betty,
was fussing around waiting on her clean water while Sarah, the
child of Betty, was anxious for some good organic sprouted bread.
Bentley, the old roo, was just strutting around. Bentley, is no brain
surgeon. Max Spangle, the half grown child of Betty and Bentley,
had already cleaned up the ear of corn spouse gave him last night
and was crowing and posturing and doing the head bob. Max lives
in solitary confinement, only temporarily until the new hens come in
the spring, because his father tried to murder him (after successfully
killing his oldest son). The dogs are always, without fail, horrified
and shocked that I FEED chickens. Clearly, they both think
chickens are low and meant only to be chased and eaten.

A client’s ex-wife came by to threaten me. I had to do a QDRO so
she could get some of hubby’s retirement account and she thinks
that because she does not yet have her check that I am “holding it
up for him”. Ha ha, nothing could be further from the truth. I had
dropped everything else to get her Order back out in the mail when
the revisions came in. See if I worry about it much now. She was
so abusive and threatening that I locked the door when she left. Of
course she was yelling all the way to the parking lot. People almost
never understand how long it takes to get Orders through. What
kills me though, is why they think any professional would “hold
their case up” for any sort of personal reason. WE DON’T CARE.
We want to finish the work in proper and orderly manner, close the
file and move on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I also wish I could have voted against Corker, and I'm all the way up here in NJ! His racist campaigning represents so much of what I despise about the republicans and the stranglehold they try to have over this country. I'm glad that those racist ads he had made the national news, but it baffles me that he could still win after that.

7:32 PM  
Blogger DarkMirror said...

I understood that Chattanooga voted for him, but the rest of the state has me scratching my head. Really, what we have in most of Tennessee is a religious fundamentalist majority that always votes republican regardless of the actual person running. This is because republicans have managed to convince the religious right that they have the same goals and believe the same things. Though I cannot imagine how anyone who ever read the red words in a NT could think that Corker was any sort of "fundamental christian" at all.

There is also a great deal of old time racist thought still here. Part of the Corker ad was to remind voters that Ford is black. The bimbo was not so much to make anyone think Ford had a moral problem but to remind the good ol boys that he was probably going to have sex with white women.

The whole sorry thing makes me sad.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

I guess there's just so much I can't comprehend about that fundamentalist mindset. I can't imagine getting into the voting booth and thinking "This war is wrong, the economy is tanking, and education is under-funded, but I have to vote for the republicans or else gay people will get married." I can't understand why anyone would think that way! Actually, I'm not sure you can call it "thinking".

Well, I am certainly looking forward to 2008, and some bigtime regime change then!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home