My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Monday, October 02, 2006

A very good weekend, chickens, strange calls and sadness

Well, R finally fixed my account so I can get in. (I have been locked out through a goof of mine for the past week or so) On Saturday I got up, finished the painting I was working on, put a coat of primer on the armoire, took a shower, went to the art store with R, then on to the Hunter. We stayed at the Hunter until they closed. R made some photographs, including one of me I liked. From there we went to visit Mom then I rushed home to rendevous with spouse to go the Barking Legs to the Diana Jones and Jonathan Byrd show. It was great! When we got home at 11:00 p.m. I painted most of a new acrylic work on the sheet of black illustration board I had bought that morning. THE BEST DAY I HAVE HAD IN A REALLY LONG TIME. I spent the entire day, from waking until sleeping doing exactly what I wanted. Maybe a first.

On Sunday I finished the acrylic painting, painted the armoire, painted two iron stands, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom. I did not make the bed, or cook lunch, or go to the store or anything I ususally do on Sunday. I listened to my new Diana Jones CD and the Jonathan Byrd CD. A very good day.

But when I went to bed last night I was still sad. I had not seen my oldest favorite son and my favorite daugther. I have not seen them in a few weeks and I miss them alot. Hopefully I can think of something nice to fix for lunch next week and lure them off their mountaintop for a few hours.

This morning, I accidently let the baby beta roo out. It only took me ten minutes to catch him. (Betty took 45 minutes the last time she escaped) The babies weigh about what a big dove does and are just about too cute. Imagine a bright colorful rooster, complete with big high tail and bright red comb. Imagine him strutting and crowing and acting like he is the biggest animal in the barnyard. Now imagine him 8 inches tall. Enough said.

Today I had a string of strange, unsettling and unprofitable phone calls. A man who has a human squatter in his storage building. A woman with a bankruptcy problem in another state. So on and so forth, ALL DAY LONG. I rushed out and got Chinese take out, wolfed it down and chewed between phone calls.

Saturday night, Diana Jones sang one of her songs that just slayed me. She attributes the idea to a statement Aniais Nin made about William Blake "He was cracked, thats how the light got out".

Here it is:

CRACKED AND BROKEN

I want to know you, know where you've been
Know how you came through
The sound of your voice, your original sin
Where we are is where we begin

Cracked and broken and beautiful
Cracked and broken that's how the light shines through
Cracked and broken and beautiful

I want to see you
In the full of the morning, in the last of the evening
Unfurled and uncovered
And in the same light I want you to see me

Cracked and broken and beautiful
Cracked and broken, that's how the light shines through
Cracked and broken and beautiful

And I want to feel where our edges are rough
What our corners are made of
Where you and I start, where we both come apart
And where we both come together again

Cracked and broken and beautiful
Cracked and broken, that's how the light shines through
Cracked and broken and beautiful

When china breaks
It's never the same
When I felt your love
My heart became

Cracked and broken and beautiful
Cracked and broken, that's how the light shines through
Cracked and broken and beautiful
Beautiful.

Diana Jones / Yar Jones Music / ASCAP

AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home