My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Morning Has Broken

Blackbird has spoken on the new day.

This morning when I woke the dark was diluted enough for the gentle grayed greens and browns to show against the skies dawning blue. In the quietness I drank my coffee and was content. It seemed that this moment was eternity. The sky lightened, the crows had an early morning rally, and my tree became sharply visable. And still I was content. When the morning was solid I fed the fish and the chickens, took my shower, dressed for the day, and still I was content. Now at the office, the lights on, the blinds raised, the plants watered and the phone answered I am still content.

Today is the day that the Lord has made, let me rejoice and be glad in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home