My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

On Sunday my favorite oldest son and my favorite daughter had me and spouse, mom and favorite youngest son over for my birthday. Eldest son grilled burgers, Mom baked a cake and Youngest Son gave me an IPod. The burgers were great, the cake was fab and the IPod is way cool. I especially like the way it looks, all smooth and white and slim.

I was, and I still am, so grateful for my wonderful kids and my husband and Mom. Events like birthdays make me much happier then they did when I was young. Nothing really seems ho-hum or ordinary.

Betty, the BB Red OE Bantam hen, hatched four babies on the morning of the 15th. All four are still doing well, looks like they are all little roos though, so they will eventually have to go to other homes. They are about the cutest things ever, really tiny and alert. Bentley, the Roo, thinks it is his job to watch them very carefully. He tries to squeeze under Betty's wings with the little ones, but she isn't having it. Poor Bentley. Nonetheless he does seem very proud.

All in all, a most satisfactory day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home