My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

100 Things - starting at 30

30. I love to look at the inside of other people's houses.

31. I have enough stuff to do most of my house in at least 3 different styles.

32. My house is very old and not in anything like perfect square. The floors tilt a bit everywhere and a great deal in one room. The windows must have been set in the walls by someone with vertigo. The oak floors are much worn. I love it.

33. I LOVE movies!

34. When I was little I was afraid I would run out of new books to read.

35. I am afraid I will miss reading something really great.

36. I am very pleased with the adults my children became.

37. I like to take the same route to the same places everytime I drive.

38. I tried diligently to be a witch but after three years gave it up because the theology was too thin.

39. I think of God as Goddess as often as not. Mostly God seems less describable and less personal and less particular to me with each passing year.

40. I belive that if you invite something in, something will come in. It probably will not be something you want.

41. I belive that the book of Genesis contains the secrets of creation. I believe that the "dust of the earth" from which we were reportedly created was actually the exsisting natural humanoid on earth at the time.

42. I belive that angel DNA did enter the human gene pool and that it is still present.

43. The older I get the fewer things I regret.

44. Sometimes when I see myself naked in a mirror, I laugh.

45. When I was young I wanted long nails. Now they get too long and I cut them off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I also used to worry I would run out of new books to read. Now I worry I'll never get to all the new books I'd like to read! :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger DarkMirror said...

I actually did read every single fiction book (except the little kid books) in the tiny library of a rural elementary school in South Georgia. That may have been my first panic attack. The librarian got permission for me to check out the books in the teachers lounge which got me through the rest of the year. I read Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck along with every pulp paperback that had been discarded there. I also read a large book about abnormal childhood developement. My first real experience with semi-technical non-fiction probably warped me. When I told the science teacher I had read almost all the books in the world he asked me how that made me feel. He had read that big book also. I told him I was worried. He set me straight quickly. Every day he said hundreds of new books are printed. You will never run out.
I was so happy. Then, over a few weeks the anxiety set in. What would I miss? What books would I never read? What if I missed the perfect book? I never have really recovered. Sigh.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Yes, exactly! I worry about missing the perfect book. But lately I've been thinking maybe I should just write my own perfect book. :)

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home