My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Lists - 100 Things

I love reading the lists of 100 things that seem to be all over the place. In that spirit I am going to (um...try, um...attempt, um...endeavor - yeah endeavor) to make a list of my own. Not having endless energy or concentrated powers of prolonged introspection, I'll try 15 or 20 at a time, none on weekends when I am a Luddite. (Some think me a Luddite sp? all the time).

1. Usually I am not aware of my age except in an abstract sort of way.

2. I think that round is the perfect shape. I love bowls, cups, French furniture, peoneys, bracelets, marbles, and my little fat singing goddess statue.

3. I am not Catholic but I love old Catholic Madonna art and vintage crucifixes.

4. I like complex colors, I adore tertiary colors, I enjoy secondary colors and I just don't care for primaries.

5. My favorite color is blue-violet followed by blue-green then violet and yellow-green. Black is also very good.

6. If I have to stay in a room painted a warm color for very long it makes me a little ill and cranky. If the room is a warm muddy color (think harvest gold) I get flushed and start looking for a paint brush.

7. Halloween is my favorite holliday because no one else in my family even acknowledges that it exists.

8. I am the oldest child of my mother and the fourth child of my father.

9. I am the hostess of the family gatherings on Halloween (the pumpkin party- must not say the H word), July Fourth (summer cookout) and New Years Day. My baby sister, who is only 41, gets Christmas and Mother's Day. Middle sister attends but does not host. Mom has us over anytime we'll come.

10. I drive an old, ugly Corsica. It gets good gas millage, rarely needs work, is easy to park and drive, has lights that automatically come on at night and is generally a satisfactory ride. I have no urge to replace it.

11. I have been married for 10 years to my second husband. I am his 4th wife.

12. I have two sons and one daughter. I acquired the daughter when she married my oldest son.

13. I have one dog, spouse has one dog. We share a cat and fish. I also have 2 chickens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ranting said...

your one daughter is very amused by #10 on your list...I am sure that when D & R read it, they will be too...tell u why later

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

Day time running lights do not, I repeat DO NOT = headlights that automatically come on. Even more so they do not equal TAILLIGHTS!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Ranting said...

Real, I knew you would agree!

8:24 PM  
Blogger DarkMirror said...

Oh, contrare. I tested it. The headlights are as bright on automatic as they are on. I think that when the thingy broke on the light array gizmo it just stuck on the on posistion.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home