My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Some days are not diamonds

Spouse did not have to work today. So I spent early morning with him, not peaceful, not quiet. He likes to talk in the morning, I do not. Then he found out that a big project he has been working on has completely blown up, never to be realized. He is devestated. I am unhappy for him. He is defensive and sharp when he is upset, so I am walking on eggshells again, which doesn't work because it makes him think I am keeping something from him. He is a totally lovely man. Sweet and usually charming. Generous to a fault, kind, funny, protective. But when he is unhappy, love is not enough to cheer him.

My bifocals will not be ready for another week, which means I will not have them when I leave for Florida next Friday. At least I have the driving glasses, I can see the ocean even if the lunch menu is blurry. Actually I exaggerate. I can read the menu next week just like I do now, glasses off, paper three inches from my nose. Good thing I type without looking.

So, sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home