My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Looking For Sunday


I’m in the middle of the move now. Tomorrow we will move the
heavy furniture to Lafayette, Sunday afternoon we will move the
stuff home that is not going to Lafayette and Monday morning I
will clean this place up. Even though I am up to my eyebrows in
packing and sorting I am looking for Sunday.

There is something good about going in that door, exchanging
smiles and good mornings with people I barely know, but will one
day call friend. It is good to sit and feel the music, to let the clean
love that flows soak into me. Even though I study, pray and
mediate on G-d on my own, it gives me a charge to be in a room
full of others reaching for G-d’s hand. Even the sermon always
seems to hold something for me. Last week I was brought up short
by Martha and Mary, too often I am Martha. So I will leave dishes
in the sink if need be, the bed unmade and my robe on the chair, and
on Sunday morning I will be in my seat, in the church that isn’t,
soaking up a little extra G-d with my friends to come.

THIS IS MY FATHER’S WORLD......................

This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker’s praise.
This is my Father’s world: He shines in all that’s fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;
He speaks to me everywhere.

Babcock, 1901

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home