My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Diary of the Abandoned - May 11, 2008

MAY 11, 2008

One human has died of natural causes, a woman in North Dakota, it
was her 119th birthday, making her 120 in real years. Several
people died of gunshot wounds in Florida and a farmer in Alabama
died after being gored by a cow. Otherwise, the hospitals are
empty. No one has said it yet, but cancer is gone, so is AIDS, heart
disease and emphysema. There are rumors that hypertension and
diabetes are gone too.

People look different. I think my hair is getting darker and my
stomach is flatter. I can flex my fingers faster and my feet don’t
hurt. My neighbors look different. Mrs. Jamison has to be in her
80's, the last time I saw her, before the day, she was walking with a
cane and was wearing glasses. Today she is out in her yard
working. No glasses, no cane.

The animals are different, but except for a cow goring a farmer, this
has not made the news. The hens are wild as crows now, they raise
a ruckus when I come out and watch me like I was a hawk. They
still eat the grain I throw out, but only after I am back in the house.
I had to go town this morning for supplies, a raccoon was working
on a trash bin in the daylight. Two bluejays were chasing and
pecking a man on a bicycle. Ladybug said her five year old dog
growled at her last night and rushed out the door when she was
taking out the trash. The dog has not been back.

No one seems to know where the missing twenty percent of the
population went. The only thing they agree on is that it was not the
Rapture. They seem to think that if it had been, more religious
leaders would have been taken, no Muslims or Jews either. The
final nail in the argument is that the Pope wasn’t taken so it
couldn’t be the Rapture. I think they’re wrong.

I miss you Sarah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home