My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Monday, July 09, 2007

July 4th

Usually on July 4th I have a party. Not a beer keg and fireworks
party but a grilling out and hanging out sort of party. The party
breaks up early enough for everyone to go on to the beer keg and
fireworks to dos later in the evening. I invite all of my family and
the members of Spouse’s family that are in town. We have a good
time and no one is ever left out.

This year, I was unable to host the party as I was and had been
somewhat unwell (another story). We were invited, and attended, a
cookout on the 3rd. Because of the conflict, we missed an event at
another friends home. I also saw my mother on the 3rd. She told
me that she had been invited to go to a farm for an all day party
with middle sister’s family and had also been invited to go to
youngest sister’s party. I told her to go and have fun. But my
heart broke.

The truth is that my sisters do not want me around their non family
friends and fellow church goers. I should be used to being left out,
but I am not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home