My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Praying for Rain

It has been very dry here for sometime. We are short about 16
inches of rainfall this year, and have not had a “soaker” in six weeks
or more. Hay fields look like mid September, crops are stunted,
un-watered lawn is turning to dust. Vegetation crunches underfoot.
Worse still is the damage being done to deep rooted and long lived
plants.

Last week I went to the Northgate area (of Chattanooga) to help
out a friend with administrative problems. All the way there I
prayed for rain. Once there I popped out of my car and into hers.
Off we went to discuss a strategy to solve her problem. Then came
the storm, a ten minute, hard, fast storm.

I smiled.

Friend asked me “Why are you smiling?”

Well”, I answered with a grin, “It’s raining and my
windows are down!”

I prayed for rain and left the windows down. I’m still praying for
rain, but now I roll the windows up!

To make the joke on me richer, when I got back to North Georgia I
found that not one drop had fallen where I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home