My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Junk, Stuff and a Not So Good Day

I am a little out of sorts today. The weight loss is going well, I am
down 70 pounds. The weird thing is that very few people have
noticed. This pretty much confirms for me that after a certain point
fat people are really invisible. That’s not why I’m out of sorts. The
plumbing is acting up, and I am feeling sorry for chunks of my life
(mostly where it has intersected with others) that I cannot change.
I am also put out with myself for all the stuff I have accumulated. I
had thinned a good bit out and had put a good bit in storage and
put more in my Rossville office. When I closed it, a good bit of
stuff had to come home.

I have pretty good stuff, but not “valuable” stuff. The only reason
to keep most of it is because I don’t want to get rid of it. On a
deeper level it must represent something to me that I am not ready
to let go of. I cannot use it all at once, unless I develop a taste for
very busy crowded rooms. I like open, serene, airy spaces. How
do you balance that with two dinning tables, two sofas, chairs
galore, odd tables, a thousand books and all the book cases,
uncountable lamps, hundreds of canvases and prints, lots of pottery,
lots of statues, and on and on and on?

So I am a little down on myself. I preach simplicity and
abandonment of consumerism and I am drowning in stuff. And that
is why I am cross with myself today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ranting said...

Well, I think that perhaps you should take a nap on ALL of those wonderful throw pillows you have. When you wake up, treat yourself to a cup of strawberries and whipped cream, (most are sugar free) and then relax a little. Stop being so hard on yourself. Besides, even if you are floating in stuff, it's good that you have the barn to store you extras in.And the house always looks great. Just remember, if you see it in a store an like it, you probably already own it.

Maybe you should think about starting a catalog system of sorts.

1:24 PM  
Blogger DarkMirror said...

Thank you for the very kind comment. Could I interest you in a throw pillow? Perhaps some lovely lace curtains?

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home