My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MOTHER'S DAY and the Return of the Yellow Deli and the Twelve Tribes

Yellow Deli and The Twelve Tribes in Chattanooga

I could not remember if a group Spouse wants to join at Mosaic
was meeting last night or next week so Spouse drove over last
night, to make sure he was there if it was last night. It wasn’t.
While he was out he picked up a “FreePaper” in town and brought
it home to me. I read it, I liked some of it, some made my little red
flags go up. This morning I was bothered by the idea that it was
like something I already knew, so I checked out the website listed
on the paper, twelvetribes.org.. It turns out that these folks are the
old Yellow Deli people. The Yellow Deli made great food and was
staffed by interesting people. The Yellow Deli in Chattanooga was
the birthplace of the Twelve Tribes communities. There is
apparently a Twelve Tribes house in Chattanooga now.

Mother's Day

Mosaic is where we are sitting. I heard someone at Mosaic say this
week that he had been sitting with something for a time. It is an
eastern idea, sitting, you can sit with something or with someone.
It shows the willingness to be with, and not just to hear or be done
to. While I hope that at some point in the future I can DO with
Mosaic, for now I am SITTING WITH Mosaic.

This weeks “sitting with” gave me much. The morning service
(Jesus’s relationship with his Mother) and the evening teaching
(core values) were excellent. But it was a member who showed me
Jesus on Sunday. All the children, and adults, with mothers
present, gave their mother a rose provided by the church. I was
wishing my mother was with us, even though she has her own
church (she is an elder), and feeling a little guilty that I had not
gone to church with her, and I was thinking of my own children,
who were not with me and about my mother in law, whom I also
love. Jessica came to me and asked if I was a mother, I said yes,
she went and got a rose and gave it to me. It may be a long time
before I can remember this without crying.

I spent the middle part of the day with all the family. It was so
very good. Mother's Day helps me remember with tenderness all
the deep joys and shared sorrows of family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home