My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sunday with the Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End

I was sick Sunday. Spouse urged me to go to church anyway,
reminding me I could feel bad there as well as at home. He was
right, so we dressed up like Pirates and away we went. It was great
fun to see all the other people dressed up like Pirates. We had
lunch after, very nice and then all went to the Rave to see Pirates of
the Caribbean III. The movie was very long, a little tedious and a
little preachy. BUT it was still fun. Johnny Depp is seriously funny
and ravishing in a non-sexy sort of way, and Keith Richards was
perfect as his father. I very much liked William Turner taking Davy
Jones’s place as the Captain of the Flying Dutchman, I know all
those lost at sea souls will be safe in his care. Best of all I really
liked the use of many of the same crew, and the continuation of the
character development. Still, it was too long by 20 minutes. Oh
yes, the delectable and very talented Mr. Chow Yun-Fat makes a
terrific Pirate!

I was much sicker by the time I got home and on Monday I was
totally miserable. I spent much of the day trying to get comfortable
and the rest of it crying and feeling rather sorry for myself. Today
is better, though I am not really well I have hope of being so soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home