My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Baby makes a Home

For years, as long as I have been keeping house, I have suffered
from room anxiety. I never needed level floors or straight walls or
even adequate electric outlets. The state of the air conditioning
and minor plumbing issues never vexed me much. But oh, how I
suffered over style. In the process of suffering I purchased over
1000 shelter magazines, in excess of 200 books, an entire design
course, and STUFF. What was me? What suited the house? (I
love the house so happily moving never entered the what to do
picture) So I painted, and repainted, bought, traded and had made
multiple sets of curtains for every single room in the house, and
acquired all sorts of furniture and accessories.

I joked that I could do my house from top to bottom in at least
three totally separate styles. True, so sad, so true. I was actually
depressed about my inability to make a commitment to a style.
Spouse was not pleased either. Everything changed on a regular
schedule. No room was ever the same any two seasons in a row.

THEN MY PROBLEM WAS SOLVED! How you might ask? By
psychiatrists, hypnotists, threats, loss of sight? NO NO NO. A
grandchild, the mere conception of a grandchild did the trick.
Suddenly I knew exactly what to do. The house that would please
the child and create the right memories was the house that I wanted
also. AND IT MADE THE HOUSE HAPPY TOO!

This is a way of living and a visual style that I had never pursued
and which has no real name. I had never bought for this look,
really more a feel, yet had almost everything required. Room by
room the house is settling into itself in a way I had despaired of
every achieving. So, if you need a white painted coffee table, a
french plaster statue, a “French Yellow” serpentine dresser, some
pink floral drapes, or stacks of shelter magazines - give me a call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home