My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Monday, October 08, 2007

French Furniture and Killer John


The de-stuffing is going well, both internally and externally.
Internally, I expect to reach my third weight loss goal by December
31. The journey is proving to be more emotionally rocky then I
anticipated.

Like the weight loss of my person, the house’s weight loss has also
been fraught with unforseen emotional twists. I have not suffered
(much) over small furniture, lamps and extreme girly stuff. Real
furniture, a french serpentine dresser and hutch and the french
sofa/daybed has been much harder. Those items are leaving on
Thursday. The buyer has a large husband who destroyed their
previous sofa by plopping on it. I fear for the delicate legs and
caned ends of the french sofa. Alas, I cannot really justify making
buyers meet the “good home” requirement for case goods and
upholstery. (Though I would like to).

In other fall cleaning news, the little rooster, “Killer John”, did not
make the cut as a permanent resident of the American Flame
Bantam coop. Instead he went to live as an only rooster with a
flock of full size laying hens. So now we are back down to two
roosters, the coop patriarch, Bentley, and the young, handsome,
and dastardly Max Spangle. I don’t suffer from giving away my
birds, maybe because the people that take them are so happy to get
them. If you would like to see photographs of Killer John you can
go to http://flickr.com/photos/89106292@N00/ all of the
photographs of rooster heads are John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home