My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Again

I have made it safely home from the Florida trip. As always,
traveling with family leaves me exhausted and a little sad. On the
very high, very excellent side of the pro and con chart I have
walking on the beach in the moonlight, watching the sun come up
over the ocean and seeing my aunt and favorite uncle. Also good
are the laughs with sister and sometimes other aunt and mom.
Nephew is most always good company. On the slightly con side is
five days of never really being alone and prickly family issues.

Maybe the hardest was watching my uncle in his wheelchair in the
doorway waving goodbye. It really did feel like goodbye. This was
the uncle whose example of living gave me the courage and the
hope to not die when I was young and saw that I would never fit in
the expected mold.

Anyway, I am overjoyed to be home with my husband, my house,
my cats and my life. How dear is that which is ours. How precious
our common life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home