My Photo
Name:
Location: North Georgia

I am a visual artist who believes that living with intent is itself the highest art.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunday

Spouse and I are cleaning and clearing up everything, even the
outbuildings. Yesterday he started on the red barn. Partway
through he asked me to come up the hill and sort through a few
boxes of books he had found. I did not remember sending any
books to the barn, ever. But there they were, boxes of books. So
I sat in an old rocker under the dying redbud tree and looked.
Some old friend were there, Doris Lessing’s The Fifth Child,
many paperbacks on reincarnation, The Aquarian Gospel and
assorted other things. In the bottom of one box was a stack of
pristine magazine from 1997-1999. Among them, Sage Woman,
The Green Egg and a few odd copies of Tricycle, The Beltane
Papers and Kindred Spirits. I had forgotten these publications,
forgotten the pencil art, the matte paper, the thoughtful reviews
and articles. The motley assortment of books on reincarnation
and old “B” novels went back in a box for another reader but the
Lessing, The Aquarian Gospel and all the magazine went in with
me.

Which brings me to music. Once upon a time I fell in love with
campfire songs, especially the sweet and gentle “It Only Takes a
Spark”, “Day by Day” and “Let Us Break Bread Together”, but
also such prickly songs as “I Wish We’d All Been Ready”. Years
latter I added the Goddess Chants and the Element Song to my
list of auditory pleasures. Now, after having been most everything
you can think of, I still find myself singing both, Earth my body,
water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit... and Swing low
sweet chariot coming for to carry me home... on the same day.
And if that strikes you as an odd mix try Its too late to save your
soul the Son has come and you’ve been left behind with We all
come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of
rain flowing to the ocean...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home